On-Page SEO Services
Optimizing your website in three key areas that Google and other searches engines look for is key to generating organic traffic to your site.
What Is On-Page SEO?
On-Page SEO is the practice of optimizing web pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic from search engines like Google. When Google is easily able to understand what your website is about and believes that your site creates a good experience for users, it is more likely to display your site when someone search for a term like “Christian School”. Your Christian School marketing efforts get an important lift when you generate organic traffic to your school’s website. On-Page Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the key to this.
Your website’s SEO is primarily determined by three important factors: Crawlability, Speed, and Security. Crawlability refers to how easily Google’s web crawler can explore your website and determine what your content is about. Speed refers to how fast your site loads. Security refers to how safe it is for users to visit your website. We’ll break down each of these three important factors below.
Optimizing for crawlability means making sure that Google is able to both navigate your site effectively, as well as understand what the content on your site is about. This can be a time intensive and complicated process, and includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Optimizing page titles, header tags, and URL structure.
- Optimizing metadata: meta descriptions for pages, and alternate text for images.
- Repairing broken internal and external links.
- Instructing Google not to crawl certain sections of your site that may be private or that would otherwise confuse the search engine.
Google wants to make sure that they send people to search results that provide a good user experience, and nobody likes waiting for a page to load. Thus, making sure your website loads promptly is an important factor, both to Google and to your users. We will audit and perform the following tasks to improve page load time:
- Image optimization (compression and resizing).
- Combine and minify script resources.
- Leverage browser caching and compression of resources sent from the web server.
- Configure server-side page caching (if available).
These days, having an SSL certificate installed to verify the legitimacy of your website, and to encrypt information transferred between your site and its users, is critical. Google wants to display sites it can trust in its search results, and not being SSL enabled is an extreme detractor. We will perform the following actions when addressing the security of your website:
- If your site does not already have an SSL certificate installed, we will work with you and your host to obtain one.
- We will audit your site to make sure that all of its pages and resources are being retrieved securely (over HTTPS protocol). Simply having a certificate installed isn’t enough – it is important that all requests being made when loading a page are made securely so that web browsers display the “secure” connection indicator.